Let me get right to the point… Lots of kids need your help, and here’s an opportunity for you to help financially.
Please consider supporting my fund raising effort to support Big Brothers Big Sisters via Team Rio. As an extra incentive, I will match every dollar donated by February 29, 2012, up to a total of $2,000! That’s how much I believe in the impact of BBBS!
I’m a Big Brother and I’ve seen how BBBS benefits kids. And today the need is greater the resources available. Thanks for caring.
If you’re not yet convinced, please read on..
- March 25, 2010 – diagnosed with cancer (squamous cell carcinoma) – tumor a base of my tongue and lymph node in my neck
- August 12, 2010 – completed 4 months of chemotherapy and radiation treatments
- November 17, 2010 – Great News… CT Scan shows no sign of cancer!
- December 13, 2010 – my oncologist says it’s time to start exercising to get back “in shape”
- January 2011 – I set goal to walk 10,000 steps a day, which is average for an active person
- February 2011 – signed up with Team Rio to train for Country Music Half Marathon and support Big Brothers Big Sisters
- April 25, 2011 – met my “Little Brother” Emmanuel thanks to Big Brothers Big Sisters
- April 30, 2011 – completed the Country Music Half Marathon faster than my goal
- Feb – May, 2011 – raised over $2,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters through Team Rio, which raised over $110,000
- 2011 – I continue to gain strength and recover. Quarterly CT scans are all clear! I am very grateful.
- January 2012 – I’m training with Team Rio to again walk in the Music City Half Marathon on April 28 to support Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Volunteer – Become a “Big” (Big Brother or Big Sister) and mentor a kid
- Donate money to support Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Enroll your child
It’s not just a donation. It’s an investment in a child’s future.
When you donate online to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you join our cause and directly support children in your community. No matter how little or big the amount, donating can start making a difference in the lives of young people around you.
Donating pays dividends.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Children with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are more confident in their schoolwork performance, they get along better with their families and they’re 52% less likely to skip school.
Thank you for reading this far! I hope you will donate to this great cause and Start Something Big.
Remember, I will match every dollar donated by February 29, 2012, up to a total of $2,000.
Please click here to give now.
Thank you very much for your generosity.